Tuesday 25 October 2011

1.2 ~ Starting Again

When Alex woke up she was in a big white room. Outside was the faint noise of sirens. She knew where she was.









Those last moments before she lost conciousness played in her mind the like a film...
   She had stepped out the car to find her chances of a happy life being swept away. Then her lungs filled up with the smokey air. She had started to cough, spluttering. Then...That was all that she remembered.
   Suddenly, the door opened and a woman came in. She had dark hair pulled back tightly into a bun. "Hello,Miss Tanaberry" said the woman with a cheery smile. "I'm glad to see your feeling better.
   "Whats wrong with me?" Alex asked puzzled. She hopped it wasn't serious.
   "I'm afraid that you inhaled quite a lot of smoke from the fire" said the nurse."But" she said her face looking happier,"You will recover". Alex felt an instant smile on her face. Things were going her way...
   It was 1 month since Alex had been let out of hospital. The first few steps of fresh air outside felt like she was experiencing air for the first time.
   Alex had rented a small apartment (with help from her parents) and had got a job at the bookstore. Her lifetime wish would have to wait. The hospital had advised her to take daily walks, so she could breathe more easily.
   Alex loved the park. There were so many happy faces, it felt easy to make friends. One day Alex wasn't looking were she was going and bumped into someone. She looked up and it was a man with short brown hair,pale skin and shiny blue eyes.
   "Errr, I'm sorry!" said Alex blushing.
   "It's okay,I'm sorry too,whats your name?" he asked.
   "Alex,Alex Tanaberry"Alex muttered.
   "I like that name, my name is Lee Parkinson," he said staring into Alex's eyes,and before they both knew what they were doing...they kissed.


Thanks for reading please keep commenting and the next chapter will be out soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Purple :) I've got this new blog I wanted you to try out! Give me your honest opinion -- I'll take critisism!
    Link: http://creightoncreek.wordpress.com/

    See you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete